THIS IS A SIMPLE PLUS HAND NUI SHIBORI SAREE.
Beautiful Nui Shibori saree in abstract pattern made in the auspicious shade of Red on border & palla reminiscent of a Pomegranate colour with bursts of Red Fruit blooming. The body is dyed with simple tie & dye Shibori in 2 colours.
The process of making the saree:
1. A pattern is drawn by hand using tracing paper on the saree border & palla.
2. The pattern is then embroidered upon by hand . Threads are left at the back to create Resist.
3. The loose threads at the back of embroidery are now pulled to create Resist (Tie).
4. This is then dyed in desired colour (Red in this case).
5. The saree is dried & the embroidery is taken off by pulling the embroidery threads manually. Wherever the embroidery patterns were present create Resist patterns (Tie & Dye).
6. The body of the saree is that is white is dyed again simple Shibori Tie patterns in Green & then remaining white part in Red, completelty avoiding the Palla that is for Hand Nui Shibori.
7. Saree is ironed & finished.
PLEASE NOTE: THE NAME IS MERELY INDICATIVE OF THE SHADE OF SAREE IN A RHETORIC MANNER. THE SAREE IS DYED USING AZO FREE COLOURS ONLY.
Shibori or any Tie & Dye Art will have minor spots of colours, as that is the nature & charm of real Tie & Dye. Please keep that into consideration before placing an order. We will not entertain requests of exchange on such minor anomalies that are part of the craft process.
There will be slight variations in colour due to photography lighting & digital medium of viewing. Please take this into account before placing the order.
1 in stock
Length, 5.4 meters approximate
|Time in Dispatch||
Ready To Ship
Dry Clean only. Iron at home in a setting that is between Cotton & Silk. This is a safer setting in home irons. You can also give the saree for classic Dhobi Press.
– 100% Made In India
Soft Powerloom Cotton
Pair it with Dopehri Chikankari White Crop Top