Bisaat or a Game of Chess is the iconic leitmotif of Lucknow City, where the craft of Chikankari is practised.
In the times of Nawabs (the aristocracy of Awadh), the Game of Chess was the perfect & preferred sport for this slow lifestyle loving city & its culture.
Acclaimed Director Satyajit Ray made Shatranj Ke Khiladi, an iconic film, based on celebrated Indian Author Munshi Premchand’s short story of the same name, that outlines the obsession of the engrossing Game of Chess.
This story has been captured in Meiraas Exclusive Chikankari Motifs embroidered on this extremely soft South Cotton Saree.
The chess pieces have been embroidered all over the saree & the checkered chessboard is made inside the Paisley shape.
– The Model's height is 5ft7.5 inches.
– All Meiraas products are made on Ethically sourced fabrics. There is NO CHILD LABOUR. We only source from units that have hygenic & safe working conditions for employees.
– This product is made by hand & will have some inconsistencies. These add to the charm of handmade crafts
– Colors may differ slightly due to photography lighting.
– We do take returns & offer exchange in lieu of the item. We also offer Website Credit of return amount to be used within 3 months of the receipt of return package & once we inspect the returned product & green light your exchange/site credit. The return/exchange has to be highlighted with 24 hours of receipt of shipment, else the eligibility expires. However if you have a problem let us know. We will do our best to solve a genuine problem.
Dry Clean Only. Colours like Red have a tendency to bleed a little bit. Post dryclean never store it in plastic bag. Use the cloth bags we send our pieces in. Do not bleach. Regular home iron on silk setting is preferable; the dhobi iron works very well on this.