Yakshi – The Celestial Nymph is a throwback collection to the Sindhu Civilsation era & its contemporary civilisations that used Pure Linen as the preferred drape.
This Phalsa Crush colour Pure 120 Count In House Handloom Linen Saree is adorned with original Meiraas created art in Shibori Tie & Dye.
Details on the wonder fabric Linen:
- Linen is a low maintenance fabric, contrary to the misnomer that it is high maintenance. The beauty of Real Linen comes alive when worn over a period of time. That is why it is a fabric of slow & sustainable fashion.
- Linen come from one of most eco-friendly crop – Flax Plant . It uses less water for irrigation as compared to Cotton Crop.
- Linen is a processed yarn from Flax Plant Crop (Alsi in Hindi). In Indic texts Linen fabric is mentioned extensively in texts like Ramayan & Puranas.
- Linen is the fabric that is extensively seen in Ancient Egyptian murals & art, including its weaving process. Ancient archeological sites like Rakhigarhi in India (Harappa), & pyramids of Egypt have traces of woven Linen fabric.
- Pure Linen is a Thermostatic fabric by nature, which means it changes its property according to the temperature outside. In summers it acts as heat absorbent & in winters in changes its nature to shield from harsh cold winds, making it a 12 month ideal drape.
- Meiraas Linen is 120 Count Handwoven Pure Linen with high reed pick to make it tenacious for intensive crafts like Shibori
Details on NUI Shibori Tie & Dye:
- Nui Shibori in India is practiced very differently from its Japanese origin.
- Here a pattern is embroidered using sewing machine.
- Threads of embroidery are left loose & long to stretch & create Resist.
- This Resist is Tie & Dyed by hand
- It is then opened manually taking care that the act does not damage the fabric. It is a painstaking procedure.
- Meiraas Shibori uses In House Original Art Patterns to add another layer of craft intensity to the process.
This product is 100% Made in India, & uses Azo Free Dyes.
1 in stock